Saturday, September 8, 2012

Lift Renovation Update - Septmeber 2012

Earlier this year an update on the lift renovation was published on the site here however several questions are still being asked about the renovation plans.

http://jmb-vw.blogspot.com/2012/02/lift-renovation-update.html

The upgrading of the lifts is a major project and requires substantial investment regardless of the materials used and CCTV solution installed.

The JMC’s preference is still to install stainless steel cladding with rubber stud flooring in the 2 passenger lifts with a different solution such as formica in the Bomba lift due to the more industrial use that it encounters. In addition CCTV will also be proposed for all lifts.

We are aware that not everybody is in agreement with the proposal for stainless steel and due the major expenditure required the final project solution will require a resolution to be passed at the next AGM.

As mentioned in the previous article funding will be either through an increase in sinking fund, a one off payment per person or funds permitting from the sinking fund reserves.


3 comments:

  1. Hi.. I am staying in Block D and I feel embarrassed every time I step into the lifts. They are so horrible beyond comprehension. I understand that a major upgrade is being churned in the AGMs (unfortunately I was unable to attend this year's)but I am not willing to wait any longer.

    A solution I can think of is, for the Block D residents to collect some funds and put in some wall paper. I also understand clearly that they might be vandalized yet again. But I am willing to take the risk as it is painful to see what a horrible place I am living in. This could be done for all block, funds coming from their respective tenants. Believe me, if I see anyone trying to vandalize or peel off the wall paper, I will make sure they will NEVER attempt to do it again!

    Now my question is, is this possible? Is there a certain guideline/rule/law as to what kind of wall paper that can be used for the lift interior? I sure do hope that there isn't. If there is, it would mean that what was prepared by the developer was of an unacceptably poor quality! As I can see, ANYTHING is better than what it was/is.

    I do appreciate JMC's continuous participation in the improvement of our homes. Thank you for that. Now I need JMC's feedback on this as I have had about enough with the disgusting lifts, going in and out of my HOME.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will pass your message to the JMC and Management office team for discussion.

      Delete
    2. The JMC were given a mandate in the AGM to upgrade the lift car interior. This will take some time to initiate and perform a tender process following which a schedule based on budget will be agreed.

      Theoretically it’s possible to upgrade the wall paper however owing to both the imminent upgrade, costs and level of vandalism it’s probably not worth doing it.

      If you are still keen and you are willing to raise the necessary funding yourself then please contact the JMC by email at: vwm.jmc@gmail.com and we can discuss the plans in more detail.

      Delete