Friday, June 22, 2012

NOTICE ON CENTRALISED ASTRO HD (BEYOND) AVAILABILITY

Dear Residents,

We are pleased to inform that the installation works for the centralized Astro High Definition (HD) @ Astro Beyond has been completed.

As mentioned previously, L.S. ANG AUDIO VISUAL TRADING has been appointed to install, maintain and service this new system. They will also be responsible to connect any units which would like to upgrade to the Astro Beyond service.

Residents who wish to upgrade are advised to contact L.S. Ang at:

Office: 03-77701086 (during office hours) or
 

Note: An installation fee of RM180.00 will be charged for HD connection subject to availability of special promotion by Astro.
 
Some FAQs are attached to provide additional information. Please direct any enquiries to the Management Office.

Thank you,
The Management
 



Astro Beyound FAQs: For Upgrades Only 
Q: How much is the standard ASTRO b-yond upgrade cost?
A: Standard Upgrade (normal HD decoder) – RM 180 (After deduction from ASTRO of RM 100)

Q: What is the cost if I choose to have ASTRO b-yond PVR?
A: Standard installation RM 180 plus RM 150 PVR decoder, total RM 330

Q: I understand that in order to have ASTRO b-yond PVR, additional exposed cable will have to be pulled from the corridor into my unit?
A: Yes

Q: Do I have to pay additional cost for the additional cable?
A: Yes, there will be an additional charge of RM 80.

Q: Is it possible to have the additional exposed cable to be hidden in my unit?
A: Yes, it can be done by adding a gadget called Stacker/De Stacker.

Q: How much do I have to pay for the Stacker/De Stacker?
A: Made in China RM 300 or Made in Belgium RM 380

Q: If I choose to use Stacker/De Stacker, do I still have to pay for the RM 80 additional cable?
A: No.

(Please note that the above charges are only applicable for ASTRO b-yond upgrade, it is not applicable for NEW ASTRO application)  
 

Astro Beyond FAQs: For New Applications Only 
Q: How much is the standard ASTRO account installation cost?
A: ASTRO new application charge is RM 100

Q: What if I am an existing ASTRO subscriber who just moved in to Villa WangsaMas, how much do I have to pay for the connection fee?
A: RM 50

Q: How much do I have to pay if I do not have an ASTRO account and wish to apply for ASTRO b-yond package?
A: Standard installation RM 100 plus Standard Upgrade (normal HD decoder) RM 180, total is RM 280.

Q: What is the cost if I choose to have ASTRO b-yond PVR?
A: Standard installation RM 280 plus RM 200 PVR decoder, total RM 480.

Q: I understand that in order to have ASTRO b-yond PVR, additional exposed cable will have to be pulled from the corridor into my unit?
A: Yes

Q: Do I have to pay additional cost for the additional cable?
A: Yes, there will be an additional charge of RM 80.

Q: Is it possible to have the additional exposed cable to be hidden in my unit?
A: Yes, it can be done by adding a gadget called Stacker/De Stacker.

Q: How much do I have to pay for the Stacker/De Stacker?
A: Made in China RM 300 or Made in Belgium RM 380

Q: If I choose to use Stacker/De Stacker, do I still have to pay for the RM 80 additional cable?
A: No.

20 comments:

  1. When i move in awhile ago, i already have a beyond decoder but do not have a a beyond account yet.

    I can call Astro to upgrade my standard definition to HD, what is the charges to make sure I received the HD Channels in my unit? Do I still need the contractor to do any installation or flipping a switch?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes because it’s a separate system and only LS Ang can connect you to it.

    The charges are listed however the supply and cost of the service is matter between yourself and LS Ang who hold the exclusive rights to the system.

    My suggestion is to contact LS Ang and see if a discount is available due to you having a box already.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the management has not gotten the right information from LS Ang with regards to the fees. I already have a beyond decoder given by astro and have to upgrade my package myself and LS Ang wants to charge me RM280 to install?

    I dont mind paying for the service but for RM280? Can I get the installer that provide me the beyond decoder to save some money? Because LS Ang is not willing to budge even a single sen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The information is direct from LS Ang. Please note that the costs and arrangements for installation are between residents and LS Ang.

      Even if you have a decoder you will need to be connected to the new system by LS Ang and for that there is an install charge which covers the cost of both the install of the wire to your unit as when as the a share of the new central system.

      Delete
  4. LS Ang charges RM180, not RM280. My Astro B.Yond was installed a couple of weeks ago and all is fine. I'd rather spend a bit more on LS Ang because the system is not as straight forward as in landed residences. Since LS Ang installed the whole outdoor infrastructure, it's advisable to let them install the indoor system.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are correct the upgrade charge is RM180.

      A point to make is that LS have an exclusive rights over the system which means no other contractors are allowed to connect units to the HD system.

      Delete
    2. Dear Source Dewata,

      Your Astro centralize signal of block G already restored to normal? after installation of beyond?

      Regards.
      Amir.

      Delete
    3. The HD system is a separate new system. If you are still having issues with the legacy system then please make a report at the managment office

      Delete
  5. I am existing customer with Byond package.
    When I move over to VW, I just get LS to connect my Byond decoder.
    In this case, I am paying only RM50?

    Refer clause below?
    Q: What if I am an existing ASTRO subscriber who just moved in to Villa WangsaMas, how much do I have to pay for the connection fee?
    A: RM 50

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you need the B'yond service then a cable will need to be run to your unit and Ls Ang will charge more than RM50. If you are usingthe existing SD system then any contractor can be used

      Delete
    2. is there any standardize cost for the additional cable for HD service?

      Delete
    3. Are you refering to the PVR cable?

      Delete
  6. anyone has problem viewing CH817 ASP3?
    i cant see anything....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, I jus apply for the astro beyond hd + Pvr recorder from Astro. They got cny promo now so for everything n installation I need to pay RM100 only n 155 p.m.
    So my question is I need to contact Ls ang to connect de HD cable only?? So the fees will be Rm180? Or still got other charges?
    The astro will comin next week to install. So I need to arrange Ls ang to come at the same time too...
    So confusing..

    ReplyDelete
  8. You will need to contact LS Ang to discuss this.

    The Astro Beyond system is separate new system from the existing system due to non-compatibility with the standard dishes and infrastructure. Several vendors were approached to install a new system and the prices were found to unaffordable. Owing to limited funds and the fact that HD TV was not a priority relative to other required expenditure we were unable to proceed for some time.

    The S&P or deed of covenant plus the house rules prohibit the installation of external dishes etc and the management office need to step up their action in this area.

    The model used by LS Ang is one whereby they take on the risk of installing a new system at their expense upon agreement of both a maintenance agreement and an exclusive access agreement for all HD installation for a period of 3 or 4 years. The installation fee they charge is not only for the short wire from the riser to the unit but also your share of the system installation costs.

    Any unauthorised connections found by them will be terminated without warning.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The email Isang_audio@yahoo.com are not valid, I unable to send email thru it. Please fix it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seems that there was a small mistake which as now been resolved.

      Delete
  10. Previously before i stay here,i already ugraded my astro to hd with pvr.now i cant see the logic why should i pay rm660 just to do the cabling?i mean,im not even uprading the astro with LS Ang..not only that,i also got my 2nd decorder and why i have to pay double to install it to my master bedroom?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks for reaching out to us.

      Please can you confirm that you already have your unit upgraded by LS Ang and you wish to add a second decoder?

      Delete
  11. Very bad service! Disappointed!

    ReplyDelete